Welcome to my window on the world

From where I sit, in time and place, there is value in stopping to smell the flowers. As seasons pass, weeks and months and even years fly by. Suddenly, old is the category but not the reality. SO - stop rushing around and live in the moment, use all those God -given senses to appreciate what's in your life and Enjoy the view.

Sunday, March 04, 2012

this is hard

How do you follow post number one if you don't have any profound thoughts to utter. Sure, I have lots of ho hum, "been there done that" kind of stuff to spout, but what about amazing, or exciting or even, "interesting"...but, I was thinking (since yesterday's plunge)..I need to know who my audience is.
The papercrafting community has a focus - cards, projects, altered items beautifully photographed and displayed in galleries and on the artist's blog. Foodies have their own unique focus, photographers - ditto and so do many other countless groups and specialists in their field that I could list here (ad infinitum, no doubt). Even though lists themselves can be fascinating - check out the new trend site called Pinterest - which looks like "General Interest run amok". I can spend hours looking at all the curious, cute and confounding pictures and ideas on someone's board - or pin a few things to my own. All in the name of stimulation, fascination with voyeuristic glimpses into others lives. I'm sure the sites popularity will eventually fade but not before its notoriety calls us all to spend several days worth of time, rapt in front of our computer screens.
SO, who is my audience? I'm hopeful that I will eventually find a focus and an aim for these thoughts, perhaps provoking a response - even if only a raspberry.
There are several categories in my profile which I forgot to include and one of them is  reader of books, magazines, internet sites, newspapers, novels, labels and....

I am currently reading a fascinating book called "The End of Illness" by Dr. David B. Agus MD. You can read a review of the book here from McLeans' magazine article by Brian Bethune January 23rd issue. Dr. Agus proposes a radically different view of medicine, illness and how we must become our own medical advocates. There is a lot of wisdom on these pages and his ideas resonate with my own view of how I need to manage my own health - the "state" is not doing such a great job of taking care of me, as witnessed by high costs, low efficiences, long line ups and lots of complaints.
Read this book and take an interest in your own health.

This reader is going to go read some more and work on a knitting project - and that will be the subject of another post. Until next time.

Marianne

No comments: