Welcome to my window on the world

From where I sit, in time and place, there is value in stopping to smell the flowers. As seasons pass, weeks and months and even years fly by. Suddenly, old is the category but not the reality. SO - stop rushing around and live in the moment, use all those God -given senses to appreciate what's in your life and Enjoy the view.

Saturday, March 03, 2012

First post

SO here it is, finally, after months (maybe years) of will she or won't she. A blog. It's kinda weird, as many bloggers attest in their first few tentative posts...does anyone really want to know what I think, what I see, what I make, how I feel? and then I read the wonderful stories and watch how my niece's world unfolds in a brand new location and I get the sense that all this chatter actually serves a purpose. It's helping her adapt to a new world. It builds a large community. It helps her feel "at home" in a foreign land...and lets us all know how she's doing. Connected through her posts.
SO here at home, instead of driving down to the local coffee shop and sharing stories over a cuppa, I can hang out  at home and "commune" with other like-minded folks still feeling connected by thoughts and words and images. It's pretty amazing.
SO here it is. I tried to make the fonts all pretty and the colours vibrant. But it is a work in progress. Wait....there's more (to come)

No comments: